Whether you use your basement as a storage space, a home gym or an extra living space, chances are you approach the decorating and maintenance of this space differently than how you treat the rest of the house. This is understandable, as most basements are used more for their functionality than anything else. But that does not mean that you shouldn’t put some thought into finding the perfect flooring option for your basement.
As any concrete contractor in Regina, SK will tell you, concrete tends to hit the major requirements most folks have for basement flooring, from affordability to endurance and much more. Here is a closer look at why you should talk to your concrete contractor in Regina, SK about concrete flooring:
- Versatile: One of the best things about a basement is that it can be used for virtually anything your family wants or needs. With enough space and a little ingenuity, a basement can easily function as a workspace during the week and a guest bedroom over the weekend. Concrete is both physically tough and visually attractive (especially when paired with the right rugs), meaning it can suit virtually any purpose you have for your basement.
- Easy maintenance: The last thing you need is an entire extra floor to constantly clean and care for. With concrete, all you need is the occasional mopping, and you can count on it to stay nice and high quality. Of course, this all starts with hiring the right concrete contractor in Regina, SK, so be sure to choose wisely.
- Affordable: If you are finishing your basement because it is a more feasible option than moving or building an addition onto your home, then of course saving money is a big factor for you. Concrete is jus as durable as hardwood and other flooring options, while also being available for a fraction of the price. And with the right stain or sealant, it will look just as good as those more expensive options.
- Long lasting: Did you know that a quality, well-cared-for concrete floor can last for up to 100 years? And even if your concrete floor does begin to crack after a while, the cost of touching it up is nothing compared to the cost of an entirely new hardwood floor. In fact, some homeowners even choose to embellish the cracks as an interesting design feature,
rather than rush to cover them up.
- Attractive: Concrete might not immediately spring to mind when you are thinking about style and panache. But the array of attractive staining and sealing options for concrete are endless, giving you a lot of control over the look of your basement. Additionally, a neutral concrete can look great with different rug and carpet choices.
Whatever big plans you have for your basement, concrete flooring can help you achieve them. For more information on the possibilities of concrete flooring, please get in touch with M D Construction Ltd., your local concrete contractor in Regina, SK, today.