Many homeowners don’t give a second thought to their damaged driveway until it’s too late and something forces them to address the situation at hand. It might be something as simple as constantly tripping over a broken slab of concrete or as serious as a major injury sustained when your concrete finally gets the better of you and causes you to topple over. Regardless, it’s important to think about driveway repair in Regina sooner rather than later, so that you’re not faced with hazardous situations on a daily basis.
What exactly should you be looking for when it comes to driveway repair in Regina and what are the signs that your driveway is in need of some TLC? Take a look:
- Missing concrete chunks: Concrete that has been worn down and deteriorated over the years can begin to crack and crumble, eventually getting to the point where chunks can become dislodged from your driveway, creating divots that are easy to trip over or step in.
- Separation of concrete: If your driveway is in bad shape, you might actually see the concrete begin to separate, causing fissures that show two slabs or sections actually beginning to drift apart. This generally occurs when your concrete was improperly poured.
- General wear and tear: Sometimes, your concrete just takes the brunt of daily wear and tear for too long and eventually starts to show its abuse. Uneven patches on your driveway or those that have suffered surface damage can be initiations for accidents just as easily as other imperfections.
No matter what battered condition your driveway is in or what signs of wear it’s showing, it’s important to consider how driveway repair in Regina might mitigate your chance for falling victim to poor concrete conditions. Take a look at a few of the most common accidents that can be caused by poor concrete conditions:
- Trips: Snagging a toe in a missing section of concrete can easily trip you up and especially if you’re carrying something or unsure of your footing already, the slightest trip can send you toppling over. This is also a major concern if you have children or elderly persons living at your home, as they might not have the reaction time to recover from a trip.
- Uneven footing: If your driveway isn’t level or there’s a patch of concrete that’s not quite on the same plane as those around it, you could find yourself taking a “phantom step,” which can easily result in a hard impact when your foot eventually does plant. This can cause twists in your ankle, jarring in the knees or stumbling, which are easily avoided when the concrete maintains consistency.
- Slips: Even when weather conditions are ideal, concrete that is worn can cause you to slip. The grading might not be quite right or debris like loose stones may have gathered in a worn area, causing your footing to immediately be compromised.
Rather than succumb to your driveway’s perilous conditions year after year, it’s generally a good idea to have a concrete contractor address your concrete to recommend driveway repairs in Regina. For a small price, you can regain a great looking driveway and avoid any mishaps that might otherwise be avoided.